A Joint Venture of 3 Conservative Synagogues
Hillcrest Jewish Center
Hollis Hills Bayside Jewish Center
Israel Center of Conservative Judaism
Forms & Flyers
Chapter Board Bios
H2I Chapter USY Shabbaton
Dear USYers and Parents,
I am excited to share with you the application for our H2I Chapter USY Shabbaton. This amazing program will take place on March 25-26, 2016 at Hillcrest Jewish Center. H2I Chapter USY Shabbaton is an overnight (Friday afternoon to Saturday evening) with USYers from our H2I chapter. *Only registered members of H2I will be permitted to attend this program.*
During our time together, participants will have the opportunity to experience a fun and exciting Shabbat with their friends. Highlights of the program include creative icebreakers, services, discussions, ruach (singing), Havdalah and an exciting Saturday night program. We will be sleeping at Hillcrest on Friday night.
The Shabbaton will begin on Friday, March 25 at 4:00 p.m. and end Saturday, March 26 at 11:00 p.m. The price for this year's Shabbaton is $30.00. The application deadline is Sunday, March 20.
After you submit the application, please e-mail us a baby photo at firstname.lastname@example.org for our icebreaker program!
As the date of Chapter Shabbaton approaches, you will receive an e-mail providing more information about the weekend.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at email@example.com.
Indicates required field
Home Phone Number
USYer Cell Phone Number, if applicable
USYer Email, if applicable
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Phone Number
Please indicate any dietary needs (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) here
Favorite Childhood Cereal
Please check next to any services you are able to lead
Torah Reading for Saturday Mincha
Code of Conduct
Our H2I Chapter USY Shabbaton will follow the same rules as any Divisional or Regional event:
1. There is to be no smoking.
2. There is to be no possession or use of any narcotics, marijuana, other illegal drugs or prescription drugs not prescribed for the user.
3. There will be no possession or consumption of any alcoholic beverages.
4. There will be no shoplifting or any other theft of any kind.
5. If a USYer is caught in possession of/or using alcohol or illegal drugs, or is found to have committed any other criminal offense, Including but not limited to shoplifting, he/she will immediately be sent home at his/her parents’ expense.
6. All Shabbaton delegates are expected to be in sessions (services, meals, study groups, etc.) No attendees may leave the synagogue except at those times specified by the convention schedule. NO USYer may leave the premises without prior approval of the Youth Director and a parent.
7. All males (and females who choose to do so) are required to bring a tallit. A kipah must be worn during all services, meals and study groups. Tallit/tefillin must be worn for morning services where appropriate.
8. Each participant is expected to maintain proper decorum and attitude during the entire program. Disruptive behavior (including, among other things, inappropriate sexual behavior) will not be tolerated. Your parents will be responsible to pay for any damage you may cause.
9. Proper dress is expected of everyone. For Shabbat, dress attire is suits/dresses, dress slacks, nice shirts. All dresses/skirts must be of appropriate length. There are no jeans or sneakers worn during Shabbat. All USYers shall wear clothing appropriate to the event/location.
10. Each participant is expected to conduct him/herself appropriately as a Conservative Jew (including through the observance of Shabbat and Kashrut), in accordance with applicable standards of the Law and Standards Committee of the Rabbinical Assembly and/or the local Rabbinical Authority.
11. No USYer shall violate any civil or criminal law, including but not limited to, those related to tampering of or destruction of property, and destruction of one’s own or another person’s physical and/or mental integrity. Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact or language, indecent attire or public nudity, shall not be permitted.
12. The chapter reserves the right to search the belongings of any attendee if it has reasonable grounds to believe that such a search is necessary to secure the health, safety and/or welfare of the program and or its participants. The Youth Director reserves the right to enforce other rules relating to the integrity of the Youth Program and/or the health, safety or welfare of its participants.
13. We want all teens to be aware that USCJ and USY have a ZERO tolerance policy regarding any activity that can be construed as hazing or harassment, this includes games designed to embarrass or “initiate” USYers such as silent football, and therefore these activities are prohibited at USY events.
I have read these rules and understand them fully. I certify that I will adhere to this Code and will conduct myself in a manner reflecting credit upon myself, my chapter, congregation and community. Any violation of this code of conduct may result in the participant being sent home at his/her parents' expense. The Youth Director has the sole discretion to send a participant home.
By checking this box, you agree to the Code of Conduct
Electronic Signature (USYer Name)
Electronic Signature (Parent Name)
Please list any medication that you/your child is currently taking
Please list any medical conditions or allergies
Please list any additional information you believe we should know
This price of H2I's USY Shabbaton is $30.00 - please bring payment with you on Friday, March 25.
If paying by check, please make the check payable to Hollis Hills Jewish Center.
H2I Youth Group is a joint venture of:
Check us out online!
Facebook: H2I Youth